Festival of Trees
The SWMG team was eager to participate in the 2nd Annual Festival of Trees put on by The Junior League of Flint. We donated a decorated tree as a part of their auction. Proceeds will benefit women and children in need within the Flint community. The tree’s theme for 2023 was Christmas on the Red Carpet. Trees were on display from November 1st to November 19th at the Flint Farmers’ Market.
Kickoff to 2024
It wouldn’t be a good end of year newsletter if we didn’t include some things for you to consider as you enter 2024. First, it is our intention to focus on the world of estate planning with clients in the new year. That means we will be providing resources, having conversations, and working with you to take one or two positive steps towards: (1) having up-to-date estate planning documents, (2) getting comfortable talking about your plans with children and/or other important parties, and (3) aligning your estate plans with the information we have on file for each of your accounts.
With that, here’s our top ten list of things to consider as you begin 2024:
- Do you have any major life events that are likely to occur for you or a family member in 2024 (e.g., marriage, birth, job change, retirement, health concern)? If so, be sure to notify your advisor so that we can plan accordingly.
- Do you expect your household income and/or expenses to change materially in 2024? If so, be sure to notify your advisor so that we can plan accordingly.
- Have you reviewed your work benefits for the year? Are you sure you are taking advantage of what your employer offers, such as 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, or flexible spending account / health savings account?
- Do you feel confident in your spending habits and/or what you are saving to support your future goals? If not, reach out to your financial advisor to discuss.
- Are you planning to buy, sell, or undergo a major change in your business over the next few years? If so, review our business planning website page and reach out to your advisor. There are a multitude of resources we have to offer.
- Are there debts you would like to eliminate this year? If so, build out a plan to do so, or consult with your advisor for support.
- Do you need to pay quarterly taxes and get yourself organized for 2023 taxes? Consider hiring a tax preparer or CPA if your situation is adequately complex or you would feel more comfortable. Ensure you have a central location to collect all tax documents as they come in during January and February.
- Are you signed up to serve as a loved one’s executor, POA, or successor trustee? If so, do you fully understand your role(s) and responsibilities? If not, stay tuned for the resources we provide in 2024.
- Are you thinking about buying or renting a second home? If so, consult our Snowbird Planning page for more information. There are a multitude of considerations!
- Do you have a centralized, online, and secure location for storage of documents that a loved one may need if you were to become ill or pass away? Documents you may want to store securely include estate plans, wills, recent tax filings, letters for loved ones, username / passwords for social media accounts, bill payment, etc. As a client of ours, you have free access to an online vault. Give us a call if you need help accessing your vault.
*Please remember that past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk. There can be no assurance that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product. (Including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended or undertaken by Stephens Consulting, LLC. Doing business as Stephens Wealth Management Group (SWMG). Or any non-investment related content, made reference to directly or indirectly. In this material will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated historical performance level(s). Be suitable for your portfolio or individual situation or prove successful.
Due to various factors, including changing market conditions and/or applicable laws, the content may no longer be reflective of current opinions or positions. You should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this material serves as the receipt. Of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from Stephens Consulting.
Please remember that if you are a SWMG client, it remains your responsibility to advise us, in writing, if there are any changes in your personal/financial situation or investment objectives. For the purpose of reviewing/evaluating/revising our previous recommendations and/or services. Or if you would like to impose, add, or to modify any reasonable restrictions to our investment advisory services. To the extent that a reader has any questions regarding the applicability of any specific issue discussed above to your individual situation. You are encouraged to consult with the professional advisor of your choosing.
SWMG is neither a law firm nor a certified public accounting firm and no portion of this article’s content should be construed as legal or accounting advice. A copy of SWMG’s current written disclosure Brochure discussing our advisory services and fees is available for review upon request. Links are being provided for information purposes only. SWMG is not affiliated with and does not endorse, authorize, or sponsor any of the listed websites or their respective sponsors. SWMG is not responsible for the content of any website. Or the collection or use of information regarding any website’s users and/or members. Important Disclosure.
Please Note: Stephens Wealth Management Group does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party, whether linked to SWMG’s website or article or incorporated herein and takes no responsibility for any such content. Such that information is provided solely for convenience purposes only and all users thereof should be guided accordingly.